"Ask not what your team can do for you, but what you can do for your team."
-Ian Adamson

Monday, May 3, 2010

Bald Mountain 10k

This past Saturday the team ran it's second 10k. This 6.2 mile course, unlike the flat and easy course in Richmond this past March, was a trail race set on Liberty Mountain (or is it still Candler's Mountain, to be honest I don't really know anymore). To sum this race up in one word, arduous. Completion was my goal and at times I considered if that was even realistic. However, if not a PR sort of race this grueling course was good training for hills and trails.

Race Results:

Todd

50:51

Alexis

1:02:09

Erin

1:25:07

I (Alexis) am very pleased, as well as very surprised, to announce that I took second place in my age division (20-29) for female's at Saturday's race. I will admit I really was 5th but the top three female runners took top three overall and I came in second by default. However, it's the nicest medal I've gotten to date and it made me feel good about this very fatiguing event.


No comments:

Post a Comment