"Ask not what your team can do for you, but what you can do for your team."
-Ian Adamson

Monday, December 6, 2010

Genesis House Turkey Trot

I stressed about this race. Really. Last year I ran it and was really unhappy with my time. This year I really wanted to prove something to myself about the last year and really own this race. I ended up running it twice ahead of time. The previous Saturday morning I went out with a group and ran it, once the right way and then we turned around and ran it backwards. Still not satisfied I convinced a friend to run it with me again on Tuesday. I was so nervous, it was completely like me.

I ran it, head to head, with the same friend who ran it with me on Tuesday. We were tied for the entire event, pushing each other the whole way. It was an awesome race. Especially because in the last .1 I pulled ahead by 7 seconds and beat my friend. Also, it was almost a PR for me. Last year I ran it in 27:50, this year, 22:26. Over 5 minutes faster. That's why I was so shocked when I came in 3rd in my age division. Last year I would have taken 1st if I'd run it in 25 flat. The Lynchburg competition is growing.

Todd didn't run the Turkey Trot this year, his knee is giving him a little trouble so he's drastically cutting back until the New Year.

Alexis

22:26 7:14 pace
3rd in age out of 74
87th overall out of 1057 finishers

No comments:

Post a Comment