"Ask not what your team can do for you, but what you can do for your team."
-Ian Adamson

Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Runner's Best Friend

Is definitely his SHOES.
the Mizuno Wave

Last fall I decided to start running again, after several years off, and I went out and got a pair of these Mizuno Waves. Flat out the best pair of shoes I have ever worn, without exception. I recently bought a new pair, because I simply wore the first pair out. In 7 months I put over 500 miles on this pair of shoes.

In the past I have always run/trained in either Nike or New Balance, but after running for over half a year in my Mizunos I realize the importance of getting the right shoe. Our friends at Riverside Runners here in Lynchburg do a great job of matching a runner with the right shoe.

So, if anyone from Mizuno is reading this, Madness would love to have you guys as one of our proud sponsors. Especially with me trying to up my training, I'm going to need at least three pairs of these babies a year. (Scott, see what you can do.)

The bottom line is this: if you're going to run you've got to take your feet seriously. Get to a good running store and get properly sized, fitted, and analyzed. These Mizuno Waves have been perfect for me, but everyone is different.




No comments:

Post a Comment